New Year, New Beginnings
If you’re anything like me, you’re a little skeptical about making New Year’s resolutions. I prefer to set goals throughout the year and change them as time goes on. Some people do the same, but most view the New Year as the best time to restart pursuing their goals and realign their priorities. While most people’s New Year’s resolutions are personal goals, it’s just as important to set new professional goals and priorities. These new goals can be individual or company-wide. If you’re lucky, your company will establish New Year’s resolutions that align with your individual goals so you can actively work toward both simultaneously.
For employees to stay motivated, rejuvenated, and focused on common goals, it’s important for agencies to “reset” and make resolutions each New Year. Need some ideas for your own agency resolutions? Here are a few to get you started:
- Improve internal processes
- Obtain X number of new clients in the year
- Win X% of new business proposals throughout the year
- Participate in a company team building activity each quarter
- Improve client retention rate by X%
- Revisit old goals – Have they been met?
Happy New Year and good luck in 2017!