Fun Facts about Super Bowl Ads
The Super Bowl is right around the corner. Whether or not you’re a fan of the New England Patriots or the Atlanta Falcons, the commercials are always a highlight of the evening. Check out these fun facts about Super Bowl ads:
- A 30-second ad during this year’s Super Bowl will cost anywhere between $5 million and $5.5 million. That’s over $160,000 per second!
- Super Bowl XLIX in 2015 drew in 4 million viewers, setting an all-time record for most watched broadcast in TV history.
- Budweiser’s Puppy Love commercial is the number one watched Super Bowl ad on YouTube according to YouTube’s AdBlitz 10-year anniversary report. 90 percent of these ads were released on YouTube before the Super Bowl.
- Last year about 45 percent of Super Bowl advertisements included a hashtag, which is five percent less than ads that aired in 2015 and 12 percent less than those aired in 2014.
- The top 5 Super Bowl advertisers over the past 5 years include: Anheuser-Busch InBev, Chrysler, Pepsico, Hyundai, and Volkswagen.
Looking to watch some commercials before the Super Bowl? Check out Emma’s blog here!